Ceramic is regarded as one of the highest-performing materials of our time. Thanks to its thermal, mechanical and chemical resistance, the material will continue to gain in importance in the future. The innovative 3D printing technology from voxeljet can increase the product efficiency of ceramics even further. The technology allows unprecedented geometric freedom and thus performance improvements. The models are produced by applying ceramic particle material in fine layers and selectively bonding it with a binder. Finally, the components are infiltrated, sintered in the furnace and, if necessary glazed.
- Tayloring of specific powders and binders, individually to customer needs.
- Processing of powders with an average grain size between 40 - 200 µm, preferably between 50 - 70 µm.
- The extensive voxeljet product portfolio offers ideal scalability with building envelopes up to 1000 x 600 x 500 mm.
- The diversity of materials enables the production of high-performance components.
- Geometric freedom ensures more efficient components and simultaneous weight savings.
- Applications include the medical, automotive and aviation industries, but decorative objects in the B2C sector.
- Depending on the powder selected, unprinted powder material is re-usable and up to 100 % recyclable.
- Catalytic converters
- Catalyst supports
- Investment casting cores
- Matrix for biological ecosystems
Due to voxeljet’s high degree of competence and longstanding experience in the field of powder-binder-jetting, specific part requirements can be tailored to individual customer needs. This means high-performance materials such as ceramics can also be processed using voxeljet 3D printing systems. The desired system (VX200, VX500, VX1000) can be adjusted and optimised in close cooperation with the customer in voxeljets Material Certification Lab. The high-resolution print head ensures ideal print resolution and accuracy. Complex and large-format ceramic components can thus be manufactured flexibly and without tools.