MORE EFFICIENT FORMWORK WITH 3D PRINTING
voxeljet AG has perfected 3D printing for complex formworks over years of research and development work. The construction industry is set to benefit greatly from this progress in the future.
In order to accurately assess the advantages of 3D printed formwork for individual construction needs, it is vital to be familiar with a few details:
- Thanks to the digital and effortless process, a lot of time can be saved, especially with multiple-curved concrete elements, as these are manufactured far more precisely and thus no time-consuming corrections - which may delay the entire construction process - have to be made.
- Depending on the geometry, the formwork produced with powder binder jetting technology can be used up to 40 times. This reduces the costs per concrete surface for each further use.
- voxeljet formwork elements withstand concrete casting pressure of up to 100 kN/m².
- There are no limitations regarding used release agents and concrete.
- If a three-dimensional shape is repeated - but in a different size, the 3D data can be easily digitally rescaled and used to create another mold.
- voxeljet elements can provide valuable services as a master mold in the fabrication of polyurethane orsilicone formwork matrices, e.g. for facades – regard less from the elements texture.
- With the voxeljet VX4000 printing system (the largest industrial 3D printing system for sand molds in the world), building volumes of 4.00 m x 2.00 m x 1.00 m can be realized.